I often have dreams of travel-related disasters. No, not plane crashes or anything near-death! Just good blood-pressure rising panic about forgetting my toothbrush or my passport (I don’t even own a passport). About once a week I have a dream about getting everything ready for a trip last minute, fearing I’ll forget something or I’ll be running late to the airport.
I’ve never had an actual travel-related disaster. Things usually go very smoothly. I have had a few funny mishaps:
- forgot to pack pajamas – my husband thought this was a fantastic idea
- forgot to pack pants for a weekend trip – I wore the pants twice and my overalls once (I as at a livestock show so it seemed semi-normal)
- forgot my toothbrush – yuck!
- taking ‘shortcuts’ prescribed by my mother – which were actually NOT shortcuts and I think she actually just wanted to see what was off of the beaten path
- my iTunes library having some mishap – happens about once a year for usually uncontrolled events
- data loss – I see it every day at work
- snakes – I’m terrified